German flag Honorary Consulate of Germany in Indianapolis

Honorary ConsulSven Christian Schumacher
Address1525 North Ritter Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Phonelocal: (317) 359.5467
international: +1.317.359.5467
Faxlocal: (317) 322.4095
international: +1.317.322.4095
Visa forms Online Schengen visa application

» Can I visit Germany without a visa?

Comments on this Honorary Consulate

Tamara Derrick
Wed, 10 Oct 2018 20:26 EDT
Obtaining a marriage certificate or register
How many I get a copy of a marriage certificate or register? I was married in Berlin in 1990. My husband and I were military stationed at Templehoff. I can't remember the district. I remember we had to wait 6 weeks and take a class. Ibeleive the commandant married us. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated. It is much needed to obtain a residency in the state of Indiana. BMV will not issue me a drivers license.
Tamara Derrick
Rosemarie O Donnell
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:10 EDT
could i send my german passport to your office to be issuid again
Sun, 1 Jul 2012 22:16 EDT
passport renewal and options for moving back to Germany.
My mother and I came to the U.S. back in 1972 from West Germany and I am a legal resident alien here in the U.S. I am 41 yrs old and my German is rusty, to say the least, but I am still legally a citizen of Germany. I am curious what my options are as a German Citizen. May I move back? If so, what kind of job could a gal who grew up State-side with a Bachelor's Degree in English from I.U., get? What kind of benefits as a citizen do I qualify for, if any? And, what about my son, who was born in the U.S.? Can he have dual citizenship? For that matter, can I have dual citizenship? Thank you for any information you can share with me.
Heidi Hesse.
Kathie Smith
Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:18 EDT
about becoming a resident in Germany

I would like to have information concerning owning a flat in Germany. If I purchase a flat there will I be able to reside there as a resident? Would my visa extend as long as I own a flat? Would I be able to get a permit to stay in the country longer than 3 months? Something that I can renew every month as long as I own the flat? If this is possible how can I go about this? Are there special forms to fill out? And who would I have to speak to in order to get this process going?
Thank you,
Kathie Smith

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the German Honorary Consulate — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Honorary Consulate and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Germany, and such topics will be deleted.