American flag Consulate of the USA in Winnipeg

Address201 Portage Avenue, Suite 860
Winnipeg, MB R3B 3K6
Phonelocal: (204) 940.1800
international: +1.204.940.1800
Faxlocal: (204) 940.1809
international: +1.204.940.1809
Web site

Comments on this Consulate

Anya Collins
Thu, 22 Sep 2022 14:36 EDT
Transit Visa
I am studying in Canada with a study permit and want to know if I would need a transit visa to travel from Canada to Nigeria if I use united Airlines.
Wed, 28 Oct 2015 20:07 EDT
what shoul i have to do to can be together with my girlfriend in winnipeg even if we are not marry but she want me to be with her,and how much i have to pay for everything
Albert Cowley
Sun, 11 May 2014 16:20 EDT
Relocation to California
How would I go about making an appointment to request a creation of record? Can I do that in Winnipeg?
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:11 EST
I need a help for my education.
Dear sir:madam,i really need a help for my education,can you please help me will scholarship to further my education,can you help me please.
Mamadousalieu Diallo
Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:39 EST
Seeking for scholarship.
Dear sir/madam,i really need a help for my education,can you please help me will scholarship to further my education.
Joe Lutz II
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:47 EDT
Can the K1 Visa be accepted at the U.S. Consulate in Winnipeg?
My (soon to be) Fiance lives in Winnipeg and I'm looking at all the paperwork for the K-1 Visa. Does anyone know if her portion of the visa application will be accepted at the consulate there in Winnipeg, or does it have to go to one of the Embassies that are over 13 hours away from her? It would be a huge time and money saver if it can be, and I'd like to get all of the information I can about it before she and I actually start the process. Thank you all for your time and help in advance. Any information is greatly appreciated!
Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:44 EDT
I need a scholarship
My name is mamadousalieu.Diallo,i need a help for my education ,can u please help me will scholarship to further my education
John Jacobson
Thu, 16 May 2013 08:02 EDT
American citizen stranded in the Philippines.
I need to talk with someone from the American Embassy as I am getting email messages from an American friend that are suspicious. He may be detained illegally in the Philippines... or this may be some elaborate scam. I would like to forward the email sequences I have to someone at the Embassy in Winnipeg. It would be great to talk to someone on this matter.
Traci Fischer
Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:30 EDT
So Many Questions
Who do I contact in Winnipeg, MB to find out:

a) After receiving my K1 Visa to live in the U.S. can I come back to Canada to visit right away?
b) How long after receiving my K1 Visa can I apply for employment in the U.S.?
c) Do I really need to go to Calgary to visit a Consulate?
d) Is there a Resource Centre in Winnipeg?

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 09:46 EST
Abusive Canadian Customs
LA Johnson. Canadian Customs are rude and abusive. Period. As a Canadian citizen who often travels to NYC to see my husband's family, I am always given a worse time by the officers during re-entry into my own country. You're not being singeled out and it certainly has nothing to do with you being an American.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the American Consulate — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of the USA, and such topics will be deleted.