British flag Embassy of the United Kingdom in Berne

AddressThunstrasse 50
3005 Berne
Phonelocal: (031) 359.7700
international: +41.31.359.7700
Faxlocal: (031) 359.7701
international: +41.31.359.7701
Web site

» Can I visit the United Kingdom without a visa?

Comments on this Embassy

Johnson Bruce
Fri, 26 Oct 2018 10:24 EDT
Genuine sale BG/SBLC for lease or purchase
Dear Sir\Ma

We specialized in Bank Guarantee {BG}, Standby Letter of Credit {SBLC}, Medium Term Notes {MTN}, Confirmable Bank Draft {CBD} as well as other financial instruments issued from AAA Rated bank such as HSBC Bank Hong Kong, HSBC Bank London, Deutsche Bank AG Frankfurt, Barclays Bank , Standard Chartered Bank and others on lease at the lowest available rates depending on the face value of the instrument needed.

We deliver with time and precision as sethforth in the agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description.

The procedure is very simple; the instrument will be reserved on euro clear to be verified by your bank, after verification an arrangement will be made for necessary bank documents and stock testing expenses, the cost of the Bank Guarantee will be paid after the delivery of the MT760.

Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC).
Total Face Value: Minimum of 1M Eur/USD (One Million Eur/USD) to Maximum of 5B Euro/USD(Five Billion Eur/USD).
Issuing Bank: HSBC London, Barclays Bank, Deutsche Bank Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Any AA rated Bank in Europe or any Top 25 WEB.
Age: One Year, One Day
Leasing Price: 4% of Face Value plus 1% commission fees to brokers.
Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT.
Payment: MT-760.
Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.

All relevant business information will be provided upon request plus our terms and

Kind Regards

Name : Johnson Bruce


Austin Agbanyim
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 15:24 EST
UK Tourist Visa Requirements
I am a Swiss citizen but my wife who lives here with me has a Swiss permit C and her 10 years old daughter has Swiss permit B respectively. And we are planning to visit London this Summer of 2018. Therefore we would like to know if my wife and her daughter need Uk visas for our proposed trip? If yes, what are the requirements and criteria? Please reply to my email
Thank you for your urgent response.
Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:53 EDT
tourist visa to UK

we are Non European L permit holders residing presently in Switzerland. We wish to visit Uk for our holidays. So what type of Visa we should apply for and where?

Anyone can please help us with any information. This is my mail ID -

Thu, 30 Apr 2015 04:02 EDT
Tourist Visa UK
I'm married with a swiss guy and I have a swiss permit but I'm still holding a Philippine passport , and we have plan to go to London for 4 days.
Do I need to ask for the visa or not ? If yes what kind of visa I would need to enter UK?
Robert Abel
Thu, 9 Apr 2015 05:12 EDT
Visa prolonge
I Need a new passport from date july 25th.
so i have to renew also my permittion to stay in switzerland. the date is 15th of may when it is to renew. where can i apply for a new passport. last time - 2005 it was in geneva - passport section. It would be Handy if i could go to berne directly?

I left UK in 2000 and Need the passport availability for the permittion (C) to stay in switzerland.
Thank you for the answer
Robert Abel ( in behave Anita Schurter)
Lawrence Kwamifoli
Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:23 EDT
Transit visa application.
I'm leaving 22 years in zūrich, Switzerland. I have the permanent residence in Switzerland (permit c) I'm traveveling to my home country Ghana in May. I made my flight reservation with British airways. I have to change flight in uk. I need to spend some hours at the airport.
Please will you let me know if I need a transit visa? If yes what are the procedures now?
How can I get the visa application form?
I cannot get into the visa system on line.
Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:12 EST
What kin Do I need a visa or not ? If yes what kind of visa do I need?
I'm married with a swiss guy and I have a swiss permit but I'm still holding a thai passport , and we have plan to go to London for 4 days.
Do I need to ask for the visa or not ? If yes what kind of visa I would need to enter UK?
Sat, 4 Oct 2014 07:22 EDT
i need a tourist visa
ineed a visa for touring and shoping in uk i am going with afriend who is british who is paying for everything ticket and accomodation i have permanent residency here in swiss what is the process for applying
Goursat Christophe e-mail:
Fri, 3 Oct 2014 03:37 EDT
Hello , I have been deportated from UK in 2013 please what should I do to be allowed to come back (I am french)
Leutrim Paqarizi
Tue, 2 Sep 2014 14:22 EDT
tourist visa
I will visit the England because I live In Switzerland with my family but my sister live in London I need a tourist vissa to vissit them.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the British Embassy — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Embassy and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of the United Kingdom, and such topics will be deleted.