South African flag High Commission of South Africa in London

AddressSouth Africa House
9 Duncannon Street
Trafalgar Square
London WC2N 5DP
United Kingdom
Phonelocal: (020) 7451.7299
international: +44.20.7451.7299
Faxlocal: (020) 7451.7287
international: +44.20.7451.7287
Web site

» Can I visit South Africa without a visa?

Comments on this High Commission

Sandr a and Geoffrey Rose
Wed, 21 Mar 2018 05:25 EDT
Extension of retired persons visa
We both currently hold a passport with a retired persons Visa that expires 25-07-18 and our passports expire 06-09-18. If we get a new passport in the Uk can we apply at the SA embassy in the UK to extend our current Retired persons Visa? We applied for permanent resident visa in March 2016 but as yet they have not been processed.
Alan Ackers
Thu, 8 Mar 2018 10:34 EST
Marriage & Immigration.
I own a large house in Somerset West, (near Cape Town) but live on the edge of London, and am a UK citizen. I have a potential partner in Cape Town who wishes to marry me, but so far has been refused a visa to come here. I would be interested in any comments from the High Commission as to what the next step should be.
Patrick Schreiber
Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:11 EST
Can two South Africans in London marry at the S A Embassy. Or do they have to return to S A
Willem de Jager
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 11:10 EST
Appoinment for new passport
Can someone help me please.I need to apply for a new Passport. Do I have to make a appointment at the High commission or can I just turn up between 9.30 & 12 O'clock
Alexandra Naidoo
Wed, 17 Jan 2018 06:23 EST
Copy of birth certificate
I would like to request a copy of my husband's birthday certicate.
He was born in South Africa.
Can you please advise me as we live in the UK.
Frans Rosema
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 14:43 EST
NEW Barcoded ID Card
I have already sent two letters requesting the required documents to apply for a new Barcoded ID Card .I posted the letter containing my request and a enclosed a self addressed envelope.
I have now waited for two weeks and have neither heard anything nor received any mail from the SA high Commission.
Poor show as this is very important to me.
Rika Niemann
Mon, 18 Dec 2017 11:32 EST
URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who it may concern

My Granddaughter was born on 1st September 2017 in the UK, she send the registration for her birth to the UK Embassy on the 6th of September 2017 along with her application for the baby’s passport.

The birth registration was only done 3 weeks ago and the application came through on Thursday the 7th of December 2017.

Now I do understand that the process takes longer due to the root it has to go and I really accept that. But my problem is this……

My mom is very is very ill, see attached the letter of the Doctor who is overseeing my mom’s health at Hospice. My mom’s last wish is that she can see my daughter and her children before she go. Now because of Layla’s the new-born passport and unbridged Birth certificate took so long to register, the time is running out for my mom. Last week the passport was stopped to be send to the UK cause it would have taken longer for delivery in the UK. Unfortunately the un-bridge certificate was send already. And I need to get it reprinted.

But now I need authorisation from the embassy in London to give me permission to collect the passport and reprint the un-bridge certificate at Byron Place in Pretoria and send it Speed Service to my daughter in Bristol UK. Please be so kind to send an email to Phillip Rambuda with authorisation to send the passport to Byron Place for me to collect. See below the email my daughters email giving me permission to collect it in Pretoria.

Please I beg you, we are really running out of time and the one wish she had might not to be for filled.

my email address is
Emanuel pereira
Mon, 18 Dec 2017 06:28 EST
Good day

I have two children living in SA whom i need to bring over to the UK but need to write a permission letter at the UK embassy and have it stamped for passports and travel . Do i need an appointment for this ?
Nathaniel Apollo
Mon, 13 Nov 2017 08:05 EST
I am a pensioner, Anglo-gold invested my fund via Old Mutual, now Data Factory as tracing solution manage to find my information.i have submitted every document and verification department of then want me to pay R8.100.00 all corresponding documents and mail are available.

Anna West
Mon, 13 Nov 2017 03:59 EST
Change of name in passport
I have recently received my British citizenship and have applied for a British passport.
however I have just got married, so applied for the passport in my married name. I have been refused as I still have a South African passport in my other married name.
I was told to change my name in my SA passport to my married name.
How do I go about this?
I am resident in the UK
Thank you

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the South African High Commission — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the High Commission and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of South Africa, and such topics will be deleted.