Other American posts in Switzerland

» Berne

» Geneva
(Permanent Mission to the UN)

American embassies in nearby countries

» Austria

» Belgium

» Denmark

» Finland

» France

» Germany

» Greece

» Holy See (Vatican)

» Iceland

» Ireland

» Italy

» Luxembourg

» Malta

» Netherlands

» Norway

» Portugal

» Spain

» Sweden

» United Kingdom

American embassies worldwide

Other embassies and consulates in Geneva

American flag Consulate of the USA in Geneva

AddressRue Versonnex 7
CH-1207 Genève (Geneva)
Phonelocal: (022) 840.5160
international: +41.22.840.5160
Faxlocal: (022) 840.5162
international: +41.22.840.5162

Comments on this Consulate

Showing comments 1–10 of 19, newest first.
1 2 > >>
Evgenia Pilyavina
Mon, 26 May 2014 14:43 EDT
Passport reneal for 5 years old
My daughter's passport got expired on May 19th 2014. We have to fly to Spain on Saturday 31 of May. Does anyone knows if they would let us go back and forth just with C permit valid until 2018 and where do I have to go for the fastest renewal to Geneve or straught to Bern? What do I need to have with me. Will appreciate all the information that you can give me.
Hector Reyes
Mon, 19 May 2014 12:05 EDT
Hello, My name is Hector Reyes I have a few questions about entering the US with a student visa prior to 30 days before school starting for Swiss citizens. In this site below it says one can enter the US prior to 30 days of school staring if one applies and qualifies for a visitors visa and then changes to F1 student visa using the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
now if someone already has their student visa but school will not start until aug/2014 and they want to come to the USA from switzerland in june prior to the 30 days can they use ESTA instead of the visitors visa and then later on change visa status? And if not is there any other options?
Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:42 EDT
Work permit for an internship in US ?
Could you please advice if I am eligible for an internship in US, being a Swiss student with a Russian citizenship ? Do I need a work permit ? Thank you for your response.
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 05:17 EDT
Reached by Phone
For those who have enquired before, I reached someone on the phone (I believe they are only there mornings...). They don't process passport renewals, but will send off the application to Bern and notarize everything, so you can keep your passport during the process (instead of sending it to Bern). They also said you can send cash to Bern (instead of money order) and just need to send a normal envelope with a 1 chf stamp on it to get the passport back. She was supposed to send me detailed instructions by e-mail and I'll post if there's other info.
Thomas W. Makin, Former Envoy, Nixon Admin. 1972
Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:33 EDT
Syrian Gas Rocket Discussion.
To: The Consulate and Ambassador Samantha Power, United Nations. I am studying this gas rocket matter with information available to me. The units appear as a matter of record to have been built by someone who lacked necessary tooling to machine the rockets to the standard that the Syrian government had done before that time. This particular evidence places guilt for the attacks apon Syrian rebel commanders; not the Syrian government. I therefore simply object to criminal arms distribution to the Syrian rebel army.
Judson Davis
Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:01 EDT
Where to apply for a new passport for my daughter
Just wondering if I can get a passport at the consulate in Geneva. Thanks
Bill Strauss
Wed, 26 Mar 2014 19:39 EDT
Do you have notary services?
Sandesh adhikari
Sun, 9 Mar 2014 04:49 EDT
About usa visa
I am from nepal..I am studying currently bba i want to go to usa to study please give me some idea......
Dr bob Boland
Sun, 2 Mar 2014 02:33 EST
IRS free tax advice

As IRS volunteer my help is available again this year in March.

Contact emmanuel church for hours available ...


Dr bob Boland
Thu, 6 Feb 2014 07:51 EST
Passport Photos
Is it possible to get passport photos taken at the US Consulate?

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the American Consulate — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of the USA, and such topics will be deleted.