Other Portuguese posts in India

» New Delhi

Portuguese embassies in nearby countries

» Pakistan

Portuguese embassies worldwide

Other embassies and consulates in Goa

Portuguese flag Consulate-General of Portugal in Goa

AddressParwati - houses Nr. 38/39
Father Agnelo Road
Goa 403001
Phonelocal: (0832) 242.1524
international: +91.832.242.1524
Faxlocal: (0832) 242.1522
international: +91.832.242.1522
Hours08h45 - 13h00

» Can I visit Portugal without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Showing comments 471–480 of 2187, newest first.
<< < 1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 217 218 219 > >>
Pearl - Shayne
Sat, 21 Mar 2015 03:03 EDT
lawyer in Portugal
Hello Shayne,

Thank you for your response.

So you mean with the file number we can track the application from start to end.

Could you share the web site where this can be done.

Shayne - Ashish Desa
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:43 EDT
Well an affidavit will do the job if you cannot change the names or correct them...Make sure the affidavit is in Portuguese!
Shayne - Zack
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:41 EDT
Well you will need your grandparents marriage certificate, as well cuz these days that is a requirement, to process the case. Most important thing you have forgotten, its the residency certificate from the church and panchayat, with this you cannot apply Zack. Approach the church where you mother was a parishioner, and go to the nearest panchayet office take her baptism or any document along with you. Only once you get all this you can apply. Also remember to translate all documents into Portuguese and get it stamped by the relevant state authorities and lastly the MEA Apostile Delhi.

Good Luck!
Shayne - Lizia
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:36 EDT
Well if you going to hire a lawyer in Portugal its going to cost you 500-1500 Euros for birth registration, and for marriage registration 300-800 Euros!
Ashish Desai
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 19:24 EDT
Dealing with name mismatch
Thanks for the reply. I would like to handle the process myself though as all the agents I contacted ask for a lot of money. Any pointers on how to deal with mismatch in parent's names? Will an affidavit from mamlatdar work?
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:23 EDT
First process- Question on documents.
Hi Ray/Shayne,

I am about to start the process for registering my mothers birth (who was born before 1961)
Here are the docs we have ready:-
-Her Teor
-Her mothers teor
-Her fathers teor
-Her father travel pass
-Addar card (with stamps of notary, home minitry) (she doesnt have a indian passport made)
-Residency certificate (with stamps of notary, home minitry)
-Affridavit in Portguese saying why her parents names are mixed on the teor (and copies of her 2 sisters teors showing correct parent names)

Does she need her parents marriage certificate as they got married in mumbai but she was born in goa and we dont have this yet.
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:55 EDT
Gd evening ray !! I do not know whether i am asking the right question... but my Accountant is also confused about the following question...
What will be the Accounting entry for international legal lawyer expenses paid for portuguese nationality ?
Wanted your confirmation for the same...Will appreciate your advice..Thankyou in advance..
Shayne - Pearl
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:20 EDT
Well once you hire a lawyer he does the running around from start to end. He will submit your documents then after few weeks they issue a file number, then the lawyer keeps pushing the case to clear, now it depends how good your documents are, normally if its the first case it can take up to 3-6 months, if its not the first case then it clears from 4-6 weeks!
Normally the lawyer gets it done more fast, as he knows the loop holes!
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 06:51 EDT
lawyer in Portugal
Hello Ray,

I wanted to ask, if we use the services of a lawyer in Portugal who handles our case. He submits our documents, follows up with my case till the end. He would get regular feedback from Portugal on the status of my case isn't it.

Does our lawyer get a appointment from Portugal the day he submits our case & then goes on that specific day on behalf of me to win the case.

I do not know if this is the way cases are handled or is my assumption wrong.

I need to start my passport process.

Shayne - Siddhesh Naik
Fri, 20 Mar 2015 03:59 EDT
This is what you need to apply:

Birth Certificate.
Present Residence Certificate.
Complimentary Residence Certificate specifying the period of stay from 1st January 1974 to 31st December 1975.
Death Certificate (If the applicant is deceased).
Document of Identification.
Birth Certificate and marriage Certificate of the applicant's parents.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the Portuguese Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Portugal, and such topics will be deleted.