Other Portuguese posts in India

» New Delhi

Portuguese embassies in nearby countries

» Pakistan

Portuguese embassies worldwide

Other embassies and consulates in Goa

Portuguese flag Consulate-General of Portugal in Goa

AddressParwati - houses Nr. 38/39
Father Agnelo Road
Goa 403001
Phonelocal: (0832) 242.1524
international: +91.832.242.1524
Faxlocal: (0832) 242.1522
international: +91.832.242.1522
Hours08h45 - 13h00

» Can I visit Portugal without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Showing comments 1–10 of 8183, newest first.
1 2 3 ... 817 818 819 > >>
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 10:00 EDT
Kris / Sam / Catherine
Kris - No, they have not.

Sam - Not heard about that. But generally whenever they change something, they only make the process longer rarely easier.

Catherine - First surrender your passport, then apply for an exit permit if you want to leave immediately, if you want to apply for the OCI from India itself, then you'll need to apply for an Indian Visa first (with validity of more than 3 months), then the OCI. Go to the FRRO, they will guide you exactly.
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 09:09 EDT
Hi, thanks for creating this forum, I can see it's very helpful to all.
Can you please help as to what are the next steps after receiving my Portuguese passport, do I have to apply for a visit visa to live in India ? And then apply for OCI... please help as to what are the next steps after getting my passport. Thanks to all.
Jack -Sam
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:44 EDT
Great if its a genuine news and not a hoax. Hope Its true so we all can be benefited from it.

To God be the Glory
Shayne - Xyz
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:34 EDT
Yes you need to register ( Birth and Marriage ) of your parents who were born in Goa, before 1961, only then you can apply!
Shayne - Sabrina
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:32 EDT
Yes, he can apply, read through the terms below, also ask the VFS/Consulate for the documentation thats required.


Copy the above link to you browser and read its explained.
Shayne - Stanley
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:27 EDT
Email the CRC or get someone to call them and find out the status who speaks Portuguese!
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:25 EDT
Birth certificate
My parents birth r from goa but my birth is from Mumbai can I still apply for Portuguese passport
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:05 EDT
Birth Certificate Verification
Is it true that Birth Certificate verification requests are sent thru emails rather than postal mail and the verification process will be faster now?
Heard that this is the new process from last week but not sure if this is true or not.
Kindly clarify.
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 07:58 EDT
Can my husband take my 65 year old mother as dependant?
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 07:58 EDT
thanks, How i can check status or which month process is going.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the Portuguese Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Portugal, and such topics will be deleted.