South Korean flag Consulate-General of South Korea in San Francisco

Address3500 Clay Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Phonelocal: (415) 921.2251
international: +1.415.921.2251
Faxlocal: (415) 921.5946
international: +1.415.921.5946

» Can I visit South Korea without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

K Levenson, Librarian
Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:02 EDT
Looking for a speaker on N. Korea, what it is like to live there
Our city is reading "The Accusation: forbidden stories from North Korea" by Bandi for our "One City, One Book." We are looking for a speaker to talk about daily life in N. Korea at the end of April. Could not find an email for the SF Consulate for S. Korea.
Rodolfo Gallardo
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:00 EDT
South Korean Dog meat trade
To the South Korean Consulate

Dear Consulate Staff,

Can I have your attention please ?
Dogs are wonderful animals, and we humans must be grateful for al the help they give us.
They are used for helping disabled people, blind humans ,as companions for elderly people. There are drug detecting dogs , rescue dogs, they can even detect cancer in humans. But apart from being so useful, they are man's best friend !

And what are the South Korean people doing with these lovely animals ,dogs and cats also ? They are eating them !

But before being eaten, they have to suffer atrociously . They have to live in extremely small cages . And at the end of their miserable lives, they are tortured , skinned alive, cooked alive and/or their fur is burned off alive. It makes me cry.

I can feel that you must be ashamed that your people are committing such barbaric acts against animals.

Do not ignore it. Ignoring is even worse than doing it.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

Sincerely, with much respect,

Rodolfo Gallardo
Patrick Hays
Thu, 26 May 2016 18:29 EDT
I am a resident of Las Vegas, NV and U.S. citizen, hoping to visit your country within the next few months. Do my wife and I need visas and, if so what is easiest way to obtain them?
Robert Coury
Wed, 24 Feb 2016 20:11 EST
Attn: Dong-Man-Han
DEAR sir: Recently on your visit to Seaside Calif. I was honored to receive a medal from the government and people of South Korea, for service there during the war in 1953. I have always found that the government and people of South Korea have been exceptionally kind to the american veterans who fought there. Thank you and the people of South Korea from an old veteran who served there!
steven Kurkerewicz
Sun, 5 Jul 2015 11:55 EDT
looking for lost korean relative
i am looking for a lost relative. His name is Yong Su Yi, he is 81 years old. HIS younger sister in korea is trying to locate, lost contact in 1982 when he lived in Marina, Ca
Sat, 10 May 2014 02:11 EDT
Us immigrant need visa to enter Korea for 5days
Us immigrant need visa to enter Korea for 5days
Sun, 16 Feb 2014 01:28 EST
To John Zhang
If you take a stopover in the Republic of Korea then the airline has to pay additional taxes and airport passenger handling fees. This is the same almost everywhere in the world.
John Zhang
Sun, 9 Feb 2014 05:26 EST
Stop by South Korea
I stop by Seoul taking the Asiana Airline from SF to China. The air ticket price is about $700.00 if I don't enter South Korea, but if I want to enter South Korea for a couple of days, the air ticket price is jumping up to about $950.00. I really don't understand why the travel routine is same but the air ticket price is so deference. Actually, If I enter South Korea for a couple of days, I'll expense thousand US dollars for traveling, so the air ticket price is supposed to be lower than not entering South Korea. But, now the air ticket price is in the reverse way, which cheap price for not entering South Korea, expensive price for entering South Korea. I hope South Korea authority try to coordinate Asiana Airline and country travel department to solve this unreasonable air tickets problem. Thank you very much!
anne kumar
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:40 EST
visa for minor
I am planning to visit Seoul for 5 days.I have an indian passport.So I am awarw that I need a tourist visa.My kid who is a minor has a US passport.Does my kid need a visa or is the passport sufficient?
Quinton Douglass Crawford
Mon, 2 Jul 2012 05:49 EDT
Obtaining Work Visa
I am in the process of obtaining my final needed document today, in order to gain a work visa as a teacher in your country. I am tentatively hired by the YBM Language Agency. (James Benoit Regional Academic Director.
43-3 Beomeo-3Dong, Suseong-Gu
Daegu, 706-729, South Korea
tel: +82 (053) 743-0509
fax: +82 (053) 742-9349)

I'm sending them the documents needed this week to get the visa processed in country.

Do I need to visit the consulate too?

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the South Korean Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of South Korea, and such topics will be deleted.