South Korean flag Consulate-General of South Korea in Los Angeles

Address3243 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phonelocal: (213) 385.9300
international: +1.213.385.9300
Faxlocal: (213) 385.1849
international: +1.213.385.1849

» Can I visit South Korea without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:27 EDT
Tourist visa to travel in Korea
I am a Philippine citizen currently residing in USA for my internship. Is it possible to get a Korean tourist visa here in LA so i could travel to Seoul before going back to PH?
Mon, 17 Jun 2019 10:46 EDT
Visit visa in Korea
I am Vietnamese I have a green card and I live in AZ USA, how do I apply for a visit relatives visa in Korea?

Best regards
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 16:17 EST
Outrageous women treatment in South Korea
Recently 2 women were attacked by 5 men just because they weren’t wearing makeup and had short hair!!! And the POLICE did not arrest the men!!! One of the women had a so serious injury that you could see her skull!! And beyond that, other men on the internet were supportive of the agressors, saying the women deserved it!!! I was planning a trip to S. Korea next year with 5 other friends but immediately cancelled everything right after I knew about it. I will not go to a country where women are not respected and the authorities do not act on such situations, I will make sure to let everyone I know about this só they don’t go to a place like that where my lady friends can be in so much danger!
Rodolfo Gallardo
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:29 EDT
Dog Meat Trade
Dear Consulate Staff,

Can I have your attention please ?
Dogs are wonderful animals, and we humans must be grateful for al the help they give us.
They are used for helping disabled people, blind humans ,as companions for elderly people. There are drug detecting dogs , rescue dogs, they can even detect cancer in humans. But apart from being so useful, they are man's best friend !

And what are the South Korean people doing with these lovely animals ,dogs and cats also ? They are eating them !

But before being eaten, they have to suffer atrociously . They have to live in extremely small cages . And at the end of their miserable lives, they are tortured , skinned alive, cooked alive and/or their fur is burned off alive. It makes me cry.

I can feel that you must be ashamed that your people are committing such barbaric acts against animals.

Do not ignore it. Ignoring is even worse than doing it.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

Sincerely, with much respect,
Angel Ivanov
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 21:49 EDT
unpaid wages (First emai I did not get answer-this is 2-nd)
I used to work at Discount World store in Hollywood, Los Angeles in the year of 1999.
The owner of that store Dong Son owes me $10,000 and he fled the country to escape prosecution.
What kind of help you can offer for me in order to try to get my money back?
alan seagrave
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:58 EDT
korean ambasadore for peace medal
do not know where to send dd-214 for elgibility for the medal.
sent DD-214 to the american legion and they say the are receiving them for members only.
Frank A. Zaccagnino
Thu, 10 Jul 2014 16:44 EDT
Need a contact name, E-mail Address
HELP: I cannot get my Hyundai Azera auto. repaired in the USA. I need a contact for the Azera branch in Korea, relating to the heating/air conditioning system. I cannot get help in the USA. (I was a U.S. Marine during the war, 1951/1952) But I no longer have any contacts there. PLEASE advise. Thank you, 'Zack' Car has 12,000 Miles.
Shin sook kim
Fri, 27 Dec 2013 18:51 EST
저는 65세이며 시민권자입니다.
65세 되면 한국 여권이 가능하다는 정보를 알고 있습니다.
어떤 절차가 필요한지 알고 싶습니다.

jason kim
Sat, 20 Oct 2012 05:42 EDT
lost contact with family in korea
my father was born in Korea and has lost contact with his family for the past 30 years, now he is old and has Alzheimer and cant remember anything, all i have is his passport to try to find them, i am the only son, please if anybody can give me some advice as to where to start id appreciate it
Hyo Won So
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:16 EST
dual citizenship
I was born in Korea. I was a Korean citizen before. I became USA citizen by naturalization. I am 71-years old. I want to apply for Korean citizenship (dual citizenship) How can I do that? Thank you very much.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the South Korean Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of South Korea, and such topics will be deleted.