British flag Consulate-General of the United Kingdom in Toronto

Address777 Bay Street, Suite 2800
College Park
Toronto ON M5G 2G2
Phonelocal: (416) 593.1290
international: +1.416.593.1290
Faxlocal: (416) 593.1229
international: +1.416.593.1229
Web site

» Can I visit the United Kingdom without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Christina Hubbard
Wed, 7 Sep 2016 11:56 EDT
First time adult British passport.
Hi, I want to obtain my British passport. I and both my parents were born in England and immigrated to Canada in 1959. I have permanent residence status in Canada. What documents do I need, what costs are involved & what do I have to do? I have my original, long form birth certificate, landed immigrant papers & mother's cancelled passport. Thank you.
Liz kirk
Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:14 EDT
My father was born in Britian
My father was born in England , I would like to obtain a application for a United Kingdom passport would the C1. form be the right one?
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 15:01 EDT
visiting visa for Landon England my sister home for on week .
Im vethanayaki Rajkumar living in mississauga ON Canada . I've only PR card IN Canada& srilankan pasport .but my husbend &children have Canadian pasport.we want to visit my sister house for one week in ingland how I can get visitors visa for ingland .Please let me know .
Sarah Elizabeth Emily Nicklin (formerly "Martin")
Fri, 19 Aug 2016 13:32 EDT
I am hopeful you may be the Mr Martin I have been seeking for a long time - I was born to Mr Adam Matthew Martin and Mrs Janet Caroline Martin in Toronto in 1968. Please respond if you are my long lost Father x
Tue, 16 Aug 2016 17:47 EDT
renewing passport
I tried to renew my British passport online, filled in the required information, paid the fee by VISA, but couldn't get the necessary forms from the site for further processing. It simply wouldn't print them.
What should I do?
L. McLean
Fri, 5 Aug 2016 12:06 EDT
british citizenship
My husband was born in Glasgow...he is a Canadian citizen now...does he has dual citizenship or did he give up the UK citizenship when he became a Canadian citizen??
Tue, 19 Jul 2016 13:13 EDT
My husband is a british citizen by naturalization. Currently he is a permanent resident of Canada, if he applies for a Canadian Citizen, will he lose his british passport?

If so than will my 3 children whose british Citizen through him will lose their citizenship as well.
Sat, 9 Jul 2016 21:27 EDT
UK business visa
I am Canadian Citizen who wishes to settle down in the UK...please give me an idea of the UK's immigration requirements....Thanks
Susan F
Wed, 6 Jul 2016 20:30 EDT
Postal strike
My British passport will expire soon, and I will need a replacement for October. I have paid online, and have the application form and required documents ready to send. It appears that a postal strike will soon occur. Can the British Embassy assist in providing renewal passports, or couriering the application to the UK?
Elizabeth Nicol Galuska
Tue, 5 Jul 2016 17:44 EDT
Renewing my British Passport
How do I go about this? I have sent an email asking for the appropriate forms to be sent out to me but no response so far. I already have a British passport and simply want to renew it as quickly as possible.
When I tried to renew the passport online all I could get was the Canadian format. I don't need that.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the British Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of the United Kingdom, and such topics will be deleted.