Spanish flag Consulate-General of Spain in Melbourne

Address146A Elgin St.
Carlton VIC 3053
Phonelocal: (03) 9347.1966
international: +61.3.9347.1966
Faxlocal: (03) 9347.7330
international: +61.3.9347.7330

» Can I visit Spain without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Genoveva Rodriguez
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:34 EDT
Birth certificate
Hi, I was born in Asturias, Gijon, came to Australia with my family when i was 6 never needed my birth certificate till now. I never saw mine so i thought we don't have them in Spain. Was told we do have one and need it to proof my name and date of birth matches. How do i get my birth certificate?
Fri, 10 Nov 2017 08:20 EST
Learn Spanish online (group discount)
I am a certified Spanish teacher from Spain. If you want to learn or consolidate your Spanish I am the right person for you.We can do a free trial lesson if you want.
I look froward to hearing from you soon.
Hasta pronto,
Leanne Parer
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 20:49 EDT
Carrying Heart medication while travelling in Spain
I have had a heart attack and require daily medication.
I will be travelling for 4 weeks.
Do I require a Doctors certificate for the medication?
Thank you, Kind Regards
Toni Fazio
Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:01 EST
Proof of life
My father is a recipient of the Spanish pension and I was wondering if there is another way of obtaining proof of life other then going to Elgin Street. My father is elderly and does not drive any more. I can't always drive him in. Thanks Toni. My e-mail in Ihave also left a phone message.
Thu, 19 Nov 2015 06:26 EST
my mum and me come to Melbourne 1967 I was 9 years old I lost my Spanish passport can you please let me know what to do
Bill Wiltshire
Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:38 EDT
Claim form

I am after the relevant forms for a former Spanish Army member to claim compensation for injuries he received whilst serving he currently lives in Melbourne.

Thank you

Bill Wiltshitre
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 16:44 EDT
New consul in Perth ?
Could you provide me with details of the vacancy in Perth for an honorary consul . What protocols are to be followed etc
I would be interested in fulfilling this position
Lie Jap
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 00:32 EST
Schengen Visa
Please advise the cost of a Shengan Visa which has to be issued by the Spain Consulate because I am spending the most days in Spain during my travels throughout Europe?
Maria Muñoz Ortega
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 11:53 EST
A service which is not been provided to the Spanish Citizens
Why do Spanish people in South Australia and Western Australia have to travel all the way to Melbourne to renew their passports. Previously it was done through our honorary consul in each state . It seems that this decision for us in Perth means that the embassy is forsaking Spanish citizen’s passport holders. Why is there any need for any Spanish consul in any state, these consuls are in this position to provide a service which are not been provided to its citizen, maybe its time they are all removed from this position, what is the use of having them there, maybe the Melbourne office has some kind of co-operation with the transport companies (be it air or land) so that they get a commission from the transport cost, It is too much to expect of many people especially the elderly. It is nearly as expensive to go direct to Spain than to have to travel from Perth to Melbourne. This decision should be reverted as it is as ridiculous has having a school teacher and school but no kids. What is the use of this service?
Spain is in a bad situation right now, but it is not only affecting everyone in Spain but it is affecting anywhere where there is a Spanish citizen; the Spanish Government is letting their citizens down in every way possible. It is the citizens who pay for this service (a service which is not been provided). They should get their act together after all, they are employees of the Spanish citizens and they can be fired from their jobs just like any other employee.
Patsy Howe
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 08:52 EST
Business Visa
I work for an international film crew and need to know if an Australian passport holder needs a Business Visa to visit Spain on a working trip? If so, how/where would one apply for the visa? Many thanks for your help.
Patsy Howe

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the Spanish Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Spain, and such topics will be deleted.