Samoan flag High Commission of Samoa in Canberra

Address13 Culgoa Circuit
O'Malley ACT 2606
Phonelocal: (02) 6286.5505
international: +61.2.6286.5505
Faxlocal: (02) 6286.5678
international: +61.2.6286.5678

Comments on this High Commission

Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:48 EDT
Hi i just want to know if you can still go to Samoa on a one way ticket if you are new zealand citizen or do you need any stamp for your passports please?
Thu, 14 Apr 2022 02:09 EDT
Samoan birth certificate
How can we obtain a samoan birth certificate for someone who is living here in Australia?
Wed, 16 Oct 2019 22:15 EDT
Can i travel one way to samoa with a nz passport?
Mon, 7 Oct 2019 04:27 EDT
Exemption Visa Stamp on nz Passport
Hi how can i get my passport stamp for exemption visa please im fro Perth WA
Sat, 20 Oct 2018 23:02 EDT
How much for a stamp
Hi im a nz citizen but leaving in Australia i want to travel one way ticket to samoa i have my samoan passport still valid and also my nz passport. What are the options do i have pleas? And how much for the stamp. Can i get it at the airport?
May Fernando
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 23:06 EDT
Where is the help and support
What is the point of having a website and phone when no one replies, there is no helpful hints nor information from this website, what happened to helping you're people and country. Samoa needs more friendly workers that will help acting as if people know nothing we are only asking for help not speak to us as if we are dumb and retarded. Why are you working there anyway??? Just because working there as if you are the king or queen of Samoa answering the phone, and thinking just because you work there you think you're high and all mighty, to me you're just a person like me earning money. Get off you're BUTTS AND HELP PEOPLE AND ANSWER THE PHONE!!! Im sorry but it gets me angry when my own country gives no support which i am disappointed to say that I'm proud of Samoa. With no moral support from you guys I will report and complain to my uncle Selafi Purcell about this and will make a change.
Sera Smith
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:18 EST
I have documents that I need to send to the Prime Minister of Samoa. How can I do send this?
Mon, 16 May 2016 04:51 EDT
one way flight fare from sydney to samoa
Hi i just want to know if you can still go to Samoa on a one way ticket if you are new zealand citizen or do you need any stamp for your passports please?
Australian Citizenship
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:25 EST
Australian Citizenship
For those requiring information about Australian Citizenship:

If you or your child was born in Australia, and have lived in Australia continuously from birth until the age of 10 years, then you will be eligible for Citizenship by birth; i.e. You are a New Zealand citizen and you have a child born in Australia, who has lived here for at least 10 years continuously since their birth, then your child may be eligible for Australian citizenship.

This information may or may not be true, and it is advised that you seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer or person.
Wed, 11 Nov 2015 21:19 EST

For more accurate and expedient information contact the Embassy directly on the phone numbers listed above. However, do not call between 11:30 and 2:30pm, as they will most likely be on their lunch break. (They love their lunch)

If you live in Australia, your best option would be to visit them personally in Canberra. If not possible send them your details with any prescribed fee.

If you live in New South Wales, you may attend the office in Liverpool on 45-47 Scott Street for more direct and personal advice.

YOU CANNOT TRAVEL TO SAMOA ON A ONE-WAY FLIGHT. This has been the normal procedure for a very long time. You must travel with a return ticket to Samoa at all times, otherwise you will be refused travel at the departing airport.

However, the only way to travel on a One-Way ticket is to get an Exemption Visa Stamp on your passport from the embassy. The fee is approximately $50 AUD for the stamp, then you can freely travel indefinitely to Samoa for the duration of your passport expiry.


If you want to do business in Samoa, it is best to go directly to Samoa to make arrangements with the departments there, as you will not likely have calls or emails answered or responded to. You are more likely to have a better picture of the demographics and the viability of establishing a business there, rather than asking questions on an unmonitored forum.

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the Samoan High Commission — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the High Commission and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Samoa, and such topics will be deleted.