Other Hungarian posts in USA

» Chicago

» Los Angeles

» New York
(Permanent Mission to the UN)

» Washington

Hungarian embassies in nearby countries

» Canada

» Mexico

Hungarian embassies worldwide

Other embassies and consulates in New York

Hungarian flag Consulate-General of Hungary in New York

Address223 East 52nd St
New York, NY 10022
Phonelocal: (212) 752.0669
international: +1.212.752.0669
Faxlocal: (212) 755.5986
international: +1.212.755.5986
Web sitehttp://www.mfa.gov.hu/cons/newyork
HoursMonday - Wednesday - Friday: 9.30am to 12.30pm

» Can I visit Hungary without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Showing comments 1–10 of 50, newest first.
1 2 3 4 5 > >>
Frank A. Lendvay
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 21:59 EST
I filed along with my wife for hungarian citizenship in October 2013, we completed all document, had pictures taken and paid all fees and we have beeb waiting ever since. All our e-mails and telephone calls go unanswered. Have I been scamed
Pauline gano
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 01:05 EDT
Trying to find my family
I was born on. June 28 1958 and giving away I am trying to find information on my birth fathe
His name was Bertthlam Molnar and he had a relationship with Theresa Molnar my birth mother and they came to canada in 1956 or 1958 on a boat from Budapest to McLean ab Canada. This is the detailed that I was giving. From what I was told he went back to Hungary before I was born due to health issues
Any information would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Pauline Gano

Louis Szaszy
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:20 EDT
No response
I have asked a simple question on the phone two weeks ago. Forms will be e-mailed was the answer. Nothing in a week. Called again. It will be sent was the answer. Nothing in another week. Now I can not even reach a person on the phone. It automatically goes to an answering machine. Unacceptable service.
Raymond Marrero
Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:07 EDT
seeking longer stay in Hungary
Our daughter has duel citizenship in Hungary, and married to a Hungarian. My wife, and I are trying to extend our stay in Hungary for as long as you is legally possible. We are both retired, and I am a disabled veteran. My daughter,husband, and 4yr.old daughter are our only emediate family, we loost our oldest daughter 6years ago. We have been to been to Hungary many times, and we love it there there, would you be able to help us with the ne nesasery documents so that we may be able to stay to spend as much time with them. Thank you, Myou
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:53 EDT
I have no valid passport, but i have to go back to Hungary ( i'm hungarian citizen)
What can i do without passport ? Do i have some kind of passibilty, to go ?
Thank you very much for your help

e-mail :inci 325@yahoo.com
Ed Figuli
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:48 EDT
My father, Stephen was born on 2/2/17 in Taliandorogd. Though he never talked about his life in Hungary, I would like information on his background, his house and street address, etc. How do I go about finding this information?

Thank you ed101040@aol.com
Eva Beniczky Csuros
Mon, 16 Jun 2014 13:52 EDT
Marriage certificate needed
I married Barna Csuros in Budapest, Hungary at the Szervita Templom on September 29, 1956. (The Polgari eskuvo was during the summer.) How can I go about getting either a copy of the marriage certificate OR a letter indicating that it is impossible to secure? I need this a.s.a.p. for Social Security. My phone number is 718-720-0674. My daughter's email is clark1094@aol.com. R.s.v.p.
Agnes Casucci
Thu, 1 May 2014 01:56 EDT
Copy of my birth certificate
I was born in Budapest, hungary 1951. We came here in 1956. I became a citizen in 1969. I need documents for social security, so I can retire. All my originals are missing. Please help me to get my birth certificate. Thank you!
tel: 914-738-3437
e-mail: casucci.agnes@gmail.com
John and Noel Deewall
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 17:40 EST
Invitation by Ambassador Dan to attend Maestro Fischer event 2/19/14
We would like to confirm that we will be attending the Maestro Fischer event at the Consul General of Hungary on February 19, 2014, but have been unable to find where we can do that. Please let me know if you have received my posting. Thank you.
Judith Pereny Typaldos
Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:05 EST
obtaining my birth certificate and applying for dual citzenship
I was born in Budapest in June 1953 and emigrated with my family to the USA in 1956. I would like to obtain a copy of my birth certificate. I was born in a hospital in Buda.
Iam a naturalized US citizen. Can I also obtain Hungarian citizenship? How about for my children?

Please respond to: judytypaldos@gmail.com

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the Hungarian Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Hungary, and such topics will be deleted.