German flag Consulate-General of Germany in Vancouver

AddressSuite 704, World Trade Centre
999 Canada Place
Vancouver, BC V6C 3E1
Phonelocal: (604) 684.8377
international: +1.604.684.8377
Faxlocal: (604) 684.8334
international: +1.604.684.8334
Web site
Visa forms Online Schengen visa application

» Can I visit Germany without a visa?

Comments on this Consulate-General

Brigitte Washeim
Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:01 EDT
who is at present your honorary consul in Edmonton
The website, lists two. After trying to contact one of the listed names and received no response I contacted Ms. Brown of the red seal notaries, but then surprisingly was contacted by the office of the first. I need a power of attorney for my son in Germany to act on my behalf and therefore a red seal notary. Some of the questions put me on guard and the fact, that I was to pay cash for the service. Unfortunately I sent them already two pieces of my papers. I have an appointment on Friday. Since I need all my form fairly quickly I reacted possibly too quick. Was I taken for a ride?
Peter Kuehn
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 22:19 EDT
Translating Wills and such
Catrine and others in need of translating documents etc.
Put 'Google translate" into your computers search Bar / Browser. click 'return' and up comes the page, which will translate anything to any language.
Just 'cut & paste a few paragraphs at a time into the field to the left. make sure you have selected 'German' in the right-hand space, and it will translate itself. Then cut & paste the result into a Word page, keep doing this till you have the entire document translated.
It will almost be perfect, certainly enough to tell you what you need to do. If you need to then need to respond to anyone in German, write your response and do reverse Translation. Hope this helps. :)
Catherine Beale
Tue, 13 Mar 2018 14:50 EDT
My Father's Last Will & Testament
My Dad recently died in Germany. I received the Last Will & Testament from the German Government, in German. I can't read it. I have to respond within 2 weeks. I need someone to translate the document so I can be informed and know how to respond.
Catherine J Beale
Angela Steiner
Wed, 14 Feb 2018 22:14 EST
My dad died
My father has passed away and we are trying to inform the German pension of his death and are trying too get survivor benefits for my mom, and we need help doing this. Please!
Thank you.
Angela Steiner
Annamaria Spanier
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 14:34 EST
passport renewal
I am a Canadian born citizen with dual citizenship in Germany. My German passport has expired and I wish to renew it. Would you please send me the instructions and an attachment with the appropriate forms to fill out I am unable to find either on the website. Thank you in advance
Mervyn Wood
Mon, 6 Nov 2017 13:50 EST
Enquiry about Anita Meister's email address.
I am a South African citizen, aged 87 years old, living in the Scarsdale Home for the Aged, in Johannesburg, South Africa, and require the email address of Ms.Anita Meister, who lives in Vancouver.

Can you help me, please?
Gerhard Hirth
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:53 EDT
Sorry about the spelling,,
Gerhard Hirth
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 19:25 EDT
Consul General for the Republic of Germany 2006/2007/2008 in Vancouver
To the Attention : Mr. Consul General Josef Beck,

Dear Madam, Sir,

Could you please give me the name of the Consul General of Germany 2006/7/8 the man I know was German Ambassador to Kuwait during my stay in Iraq and Kuwait from January 2004- Februry 2006.?The reason I write to you because I have lost his business card due to fire in my house..
He told me at the time that was transferred to Canada to take the position as Consul General.My personal email is :
You can also contact me by phone if you prefer as the info I ask you is confidential
+ 32 492 928 860
I would really like to make contact again with him,he liked the porc meat I brought back from Baghdad at the time.
I hope you can help me, thank you for your help.

My very best regards

Gerhard Hirth
Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:19 EST
dual citizen ship............
I am a German Canadian left Germany at the age of 18..I was born in Brandenburg and I have still many relatives there...The Reason I m writing this is I am retired for the last 15 Years and have a very good income...But I like to buy some Property and spend about half a year in Germany,also invest into realestate...Is it possible to get a aufenthalt genemigung for 6 months..How about dual Citizenship is there such think...thank you for a reply
e gruendler
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 18:44 EST
wieder einwanderund nacg deutschland , bin deutsch-canadian
moechte so gerne in meine heimat zurueck mit meiner frau,wir sind in den 80 zigen jahren , wir wuerden alles aufgeben um in unserer heimat zu sterben.

was muessen wir machen um unseren wunsch zu erfillen.
bitte um hilfe

Post a comment on this page

We invite you to share your experiences with the German Consulate-General — obtaining visas and other services, locating the building, and so on. Your comments may be seen by the public, so please do not include private information.

Your name
Your message
Max 2000 characters

This web site is not operated by the Consulate-General and your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of Germany, and such topics will be deleted.